The USYFFT Late spring Clinic will be held May 18-20, 2018 at the Sieg Center in Lamar, PA
2018 Northeast Region – Pennsylvania
The registration to the event is through this online link:
USYFFT at the Sieg Center, Lamar, PA
Kalvin Kaloz, Head Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Miller, Operational Team Manager and Northeast Regional Coach, email@example.com
Tucker Horne, Organizational Team Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost is $200.00. Payment must be received prior to Clinic start.
Once applicant is accepted, an email confirmation will be sent with the appropriate forms as needed.
*Registration is limited to 20 participants. Applications and fee must be received no later than May 1, 2018*
You may also pay by check, made payable to The US Youth Fly Fishing Team, Inc. and sent to:
The US Youth Fly Fishing Team, Inc.
P.O. Box 751
State College, PA 16804
ATTN: John Ford, President, Pennsylvania 2018 Clinic
1 pm on Friday, May 18 Note: Please let us know if your youth angler will be arriving late.
1 pm on Sunday, May 20
Tentative Agenda and Instructors
Additional information for the Clinic
Each angler is expected to bring the following items. This is a minimum. Please contact the Team Manager with specific questions.
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Towel and Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Appropriate clothing
- PFD (Personal Floatation Devices) are encouraged at all US Youth events
- Fly rod – 10 ft to 11ft 3 or 4wt is competition standard 9’ or longer rod will work in 5wt to 3wt. Appropriate line and reel to match.
- Chest waders and boots
- Chest Pack or Vest
- Polarized Sunglasses (to see the fish and for eye protection)
- Flies – a selection of dry flies, nymphs, terrestrials, and streamers. Subsurface flies should be weighted with lead and or copper and tungsten beads. Manufactured barbless flies are preferred. Please note – we will work on fly selection at the clinic.
- Tapered leaders – some 9’ 3x,4x, and 5x factory tapered leaders are a good place to start.
- Tippet – 3x through 6X fluorocarbon tippet. We suggest Trout Hunter or RIO Products brands.
- Hat- for sun protection and helping with spotting fish.
- Rain Coat / Wading Jacket
- Net – Frabill brand nets are the most often used. http://frabill.com/landing-nets/trout-nets/3672.html
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Fly Tying equipment and materials encouraged but not required