REGISTRATION IS CLOSED…CLINIC IS FULL!
The USYFFT will return to Sun Valley, Idaho for the Summer Clinic, July 13-15, 2018
Payment and registration must be complete to attend the clinic. Payment information is below.
Kalvin Kaloz, Head Coach, email@example.com
Tucker Horne, Organizational Team Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Miller, Operational Team Manager, email@example.com
Brian Kimmel, Western Region Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Guy Robins, Idaho Clinic Assistant Coach, email@example.com
Cost is $350.00 Payment must be received prior to Clinic start.
Once applicant is accepted, an email confirmation will be sent with the appropriate forms as needed.
Registration will be open until slots are filled, and expected to be received by April 1, 2018
You may pay through this PayPal link:
You may also pay by check, made payable to The US Youth Fly Fishing Team, Inc. and sent to:
The US Youth Fly Fishing Team, Inc.
P.O. Box 751
State College, PA 16804
ATTN: John Ford, President Idaho 2018 Clinic
1 pm on Friday, July 13 (Community School, Rufus B Brown Dormitory) Note: Please let us know if your youth angler will be arriving late.
1 pm on Sunday, July 15th Rufus B Brown Dormitory).
Tentative Agenda and Instructors
Additional information for the Clinic
Each angler is expected to bring the following items. This is a minimum. Please contact the team Managers with specific questions.
- Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Appropriate clothing
- PFD (Personal Floatation Devices) are encouraged at all US Youth events
- Fly rod – 10 ft to 11ft 3 or 4wt is competition standard 9’ or longer rod will work in 5wt to 3wt. Appropriate line and reel to match.
- Chest waders and boots
- Chest Pack or Vest
- Polarized Sunglasses (to see the fish and for eye protection)
- Flies – a selection of dry flies, nymphs, terrestrials, and streamers. Subsurface flies should be weighted with lead and or copper and tungsten beads. Manufactured barbless flies are preferred. Please note – we will work on fly selection at the clinic.
- Tapered leaders – some 9’ 3x,4x, and 5x factory tapered leaders are a good place to start.
- Tippet – 3x through 6X fluorocarbon tippet. We suggest Trout Hunter or RIO Products brands.
- Hat- for sun protection and helping with spotting fish.
- Rain Coat / Wading Jacket
- Net – Frabill brand nets are the most often used. http://frabill.com/landing-nets/trout-nets/3672.html
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Fly Tying equipment and materials encouraged but not required