August 11-13, 2017
2017 Western Region – Idaho
Kalvin Kaloz, Head Coach, email@example.com
Brian Kimmel, Western Region Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Team USA Youth Representative(s)
1 pm on Friday, August 11. If your youth angler will be arriving later, please contact Coach Kimmel with an estimated arrival time.
1 pm on Sunday, August 13
Tentative Agenda and Instructors
Cost is $150.00. Payment must be received prior to Clinic start.
Once applicant is accepted, an email confirmation will be sent with the appropriate forms and mailing address.
Registration will be open until slots are filled, and expected to be received by August 1, 2017.
Required forms will be made available once the applicant is accepted for the clinic.
Additional information for the Clinic
Each angler is expected to bring the following items. This is a minimum. Please contact the Event organizer with specific questions.
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow (The rooms have beds and sheets but blankets, pillows, and towels are not provided)
- Towel and Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Appropriate clothing
- PFD (Personal Flotation Devices) are encouraged at all US Youth events
- Fly rod – 10 ft to 11ft 3 or 4wt is competition standard 9’ or longer rod will work in 5wt to 3wt. Appropriate line and reel to match.
- Chest waders and boots
- Chest Pack or Vest
- Polarized Sunglasses (to see the fish and for eye protection)
- Flies – a selection of dry flies, nymphs, terrestrials, and streamers. Subsurface flies should be weighted with lead and or copper and tungsten beads. Manufactured barbless flies are preferred. Please note – we will work on fly selection at the clinic.
- Tapered leaders – some 9’ 3x,4x, and 5x factory tapered leaders are a good place to start.
- Tippet – 3x through 6X fluorocarbon tippet. We suggest Trout Hunter or RIO Products brands.
- Hat- for sun protection and helping with spotting fish.
- Rain Coat / Wading Jacket
- Net – Frabill brand nets are the most often used. http://frabill.com/landing-nets/trout-nets/3672.html
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Fly Tying equipment and materials encouraged but not required