2020 Southeast Clinic (North Carolina)
Out of stock
2020 Southeast Clinic
Rescheduled due to COVID-19 from original date of May 8-10, 2020 to October 16-18, 2020.
***REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL***
Fill out this Document to be added to the waitlist
Nantahala Outdoor Center
Bryson City, NC
Rescheduled from May 8-10, 2020 to October 16-18, 2020.
1 pm on May 8th (Kleinrath Hall). Note: Please let us know if your youth angler will be arriving late.
1 pm on May 10th (Kleinrath Hall).
Additional information for the Clinic
Each angler is expected to bring the following items. This is a minimum. Please contact the Event organizer with specific questions.
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Towel and Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Appropriate clothing
- PFD (Personal Floatation Devices) are encouraged at all US Youth events
- Fly rod – 10 ft to 11ft 3 or 4wt is competition standard 9’ or longer rod will work in 5wt to 3wt. Appropriate line and reel to match.
- Chest waders and boots
- Chest Pack or Vest
- Polarized Sunglasses (to see the fish and for eye protection)
- Flies – a selection of dry flies, nymphs, terrestrials, and streamers. Subsurface flies should be weighted with lead and or copper and tungsten beads. Manufactured barbless flies are preferred. Please note – we will work on fly selection at the clinic.
- Tapered leaders – some 9’ 3x,4x, and 5x factory tapered leaders are a good place to start.
- Tippet – 3x through 6X fluorocarbon tippet. We suggest Cortland.
- Hat- for sun protection and helping with spotting fish.
- Rain Coat / Wading Jacket
- Net – Frabill brand nets are the most often used. http://frabill.com/landing-nets/trout-nets/3672.html
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Fly Tying equipment and materials encouraged but not required
Tucker Horne, Organizational Team Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kalvin Kaloz, Head Coach, email@example.com
Gordon Vanderpool, Southeast Regional Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Miller, Operational Team Manager, email@example.com